Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a new year

Our house is finally back together! Yesterday we made a 3 course meal with a spinach salad contribution from Marcel, a delicious nutty moussaka from Alexander, and I made my first scones ever, lemon cranberry scones, out of "fresh" cranberries left over from Thanksgiving. Marcel whipped the rest of the cranberries into a sauce for on top of the scones. I guess one perk of being unemployed (and all three of us are) is that you have time to cook.

Afterwards, some of us went to see the Monday night sneak preview at the film house. The movie was Un prophète, a good movie, but incredibly hard to watch. I squirmed through the whole movie. Tonight I'm going to check out the Money Fix, which is being screened by Transition Towns Rotterdam. Next week IFFR starts!

No comments: