Saturday, February 16, 2008

website making

No real posts this week..I am working on my website (http://www.shaunajin.nl). Unfortunately, www.shaunajin.com was taken (by who! and why?! the monsters!). Stay tuned, because I hope it will be up soon and functional. My justification for why not .net, .us, .etc is that .nl is kinda mysterious and okay since I am living/have lived in the Netherlands.

Friday, Jorn and I were struggling through figuring out CSS (finally only Jorn because I went to go practice the Rachmaninov which I have missed two rehearsals of).

Today I figured out how templates and libraries work. So this whole day I have been plugging projects into the website from the comfort of my warm, warm bed. It was extremely cold everywhere excluding my bed and I only ventured outside to get myself a hamburger from McDonalds. It is going pretty slowly, but I hope it will be worth it.

This is kind of what I want it to look like:
Originally I wanted to make the website in Flash, but Flash sucks even though it is easier for me than CSS.

Things I still have to work on:
1. Logo design - I am thinking of how to design a cool looking ambigram for my name.

2. Layout - once all the content is plugged in, I want to make it look like the picture on the left with some modifications.

3. Flash elements - some splash page or something

No comments: